Terms of Service
The Smile Mentor has separate Terms of Service for our Community Members and for our participating Health Care Providers These are detailed below. The Smile Mentor Community Member Terms of Service Please read these The Smile Mentor Terms of Service (“Terms”) carefully. These Terms are between you (“you” or “your”) and The Smile Mentor. (“The Smile Mentor,” “we” or “our”). The use of “you” or “your” in these Terms may refer to The Smile Mentor community members, health care provider accessing the Site (as defined below) as a consumer, or anyone accessing the Site (as defined below). These Terms govern your use of the website, www.TheSmileMentor.com, and the services and information available on the website (collectively, “Site”) whether you access the Site through your computer, mobile device, tablet or any The Smile Mentor app.
The Smile Mentor reserves the right to make changes to the Site, these Terms and other policies. If The Smile Mentor makes material changes to these Terms or other policies, then The Smile Mentor will either notify you by email or by posting a notice on the Site prior to the effective date of the changes. The Smile Mentor will also indicate at the bottom of this page the date these Terms were last updated. These Terms are effective upon acceptance by new users. For current users, these Terms are effective as of January 2022 and supersede all previous versions of the The Smile Mentor Terms of Service. If any section or portion of these Terms shall be deemed invalid, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that section of the Terms shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity of the remaining condition. Your continued use of the Site after any such changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of the new Terms. If you do not agree to abide by these or any future terms, you may not use or access the Site.
2. No Medical Advice
The content (which includes any text, graphics, images or other material contained, accessed or entered on the Site by you or a health care provider (“Content”) is for educational/informational purposes only and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Any communication between you and health care providers on the Site (including any responses by health care providers to questions posted on the Site or through any feature available on the Site) is for general informational purposes only and does not create nor is it intended to create a physician-patient relationship as defined by federal and state law. Your reliance on any information (including any links to third party websites containing any information about health care providers) or Content provided on the Site, whether or not it is provided by a health care provider, is solely at your own risk. You should always seek the advice of your health care provider for any questions you may have about your own medical condition.
3. How and When You May Use the Site
You may use the Site only to post reviews (including photos and videos) based on your own personal experience, to communicate with other community members about questions on personal care, beauty, and wellness and to post questions on the Site. You may only use the Site for personal, non-commercial uses, and you may not use the Site to advertise or promote a product, service, procedure, business, health care provider or another person.
You may not use the Site:
- If you are under 18.
- In any way or for any purpose that is against any local, state, federal or any other applicable laws.
- In any way or for any purpose that harms or endangers us or our affiliates, resellers, distributors, service providers and/or suppliers (collectively, the “The Smile Mentor Parties”), or any customer of a The Smile Mentor Party;
- To exploit, solicit or harm minors;
- To copy any Content from the Site, including, but not limited to, photographs, and post those photographs or other Content on another third-party website.
- To post or submit any Content that is racist, sexist, inflammatory, defamatory, hateful, harassing, threatening, abusive, profane, obscene, vulgar or sexually explicit, false, misleading, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy or publicity rights, infringing of another’s intellectual property rights, contains any trade secrets or other confidential information, or otherwise offensive or objectionable;
- To promote, encourage or glorify violence, self-harm, suicide, anorexia, bulimia, or any other practice that is unhealthy or harmful;
- To post your name, email address(es) or telephone number(s), URL(s) or any other confidential or personally identifiable information about you or any other person on the Site;
- To provide or purport to provide medical advice, prescription, diagnosis, or treatment recommendations;
- To register for multiple accounts or use the account of another person without their authorization;
- To impersonate or pretend to be any person other than yourself, including to impersonate or pretend to be a health care provider;
- To attempt to solicit business or direct website visitors to a non-The Smile Mentor site for commercial purposes or spamming any The Smile Mentor health care providers, community members or other users;
- You agree not to use any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction methods in connection with the Site;
- To post links to sites or files that contain or are viruses, spyware, malware, or other harmful content;
- To attempt to interfere with or disrupt the Site or any person’s ability to use the Site;
- To create and upload reviews or comments in exchange for monetary compensation or other incentive;
For any purpose for which the Site is not intended.
Community is so important, and this is no exception. We want to hear from you, and we want you to engage your questions in hopes and fears when it comes to this level of life change. This is non-sponsored, non-advertised, and real people sharing hearts minds and hopes. Join us